Builder and Renovations
Building can be a stressful and costly process. You want to end up happy with the final result.
Capital Tradies Canberra provide qualified, licensed and reliable builders. To take aware the stress of approvals, tradesmen management, supervision and mitigation of potential budget blow outs.
Whether you're starting from house plans, renovating or extending your existing home, adding a garage, carport or shed.
The builder is the contractor who is responsible for the overall coordination and supervision of your construction work. Building project management is the most important part of the job.
Some of the responsibilities of a building project manager may include:
- Submitting plans to councils and following through until building permits are issued.
- Securing the property
- Providing site surveying and engineering
- Providing temporary utilities on site
- Scheduling and managing the building process.
- Managing the purchase and delivery of building materials.
- Organising and supervising the construction crew.
- Scheduling and coordinating related trades such as carpenters, plasterers, concreters, bricklayers, electricians, and plumbers etc.
- Working with building inspectors.
- Correcting any problems that arise during the construction process.
- Disposing or recycling of construction waste.
- Monitoring schedules and cash flows
- Working within the budget.
- Maintaining accurate records
The builder will keep clients informed of the progress throughout the project and discuss any problems that require the client’s input or advice.
The builder must first assess the project-specifications including drawings prepared by a design professional such as an architect. In the case of renovations, a site visit is required to get a better understanding of the project. Depending on the project delivery method, the builder will submit a fixed price proposal or an estimate.
A builder is normally responsible for providing all of the material, labour, equipment and services necessary for the construction of the project. The builder hires specialised subcontractors to perform all or part of the construction work.