Capital Tradies Canberra have the roofing and guttering professionals for roof repairs, roof cleaning, roof painting, a full roof restoration, extension or a new roof for residential and commercial properties.
If you are looking to repair leaks after heavy rain, or to restore or replace your existing roofing. Capital Tradies provides Roofing professionals for:
- New homes
- Existing homes
- Garden Sheds
- Repairs & Maintenance
Capital Tradies provide the following roofing services:
- Aluminium roofing
- Bedding & pointing
- Colorbond® & Zincalume® metal roofing
- Colorbond® guttering & downpipes
- Concrete roofing
- Damage inspection
- Gutter cleaning, repairs and maintenance
- Gutter Leaf Guards
- Gutter Repair and Replacement
- Gutter cleaning and maintenance
- New Roofing
- Rainwater tanks
- Re-pointing ridge capping
- Recolouring and glazing
- Repair leaking roofs
- Replacing odd broken tiles
- Roof cleaning and maintenance
- Roof extensions
- Roof painting
- Roof repair, Restoration, and Replacement
- Roof Restoration
- Roof Tile Replacement
- Roofing Materials
- Skylight Cleaning and Maintenance
- Skylight installation
- Skylight Repair and Replacement
- Solar Heating
- Solar Hot Water installation
- Solar Roof
- Terracotta Roofing
- Tiled Roofing
The main elements in the design of a roof are the:
The function of a Roof is:
- Weather (rain, wind, sun) protection
- Animal protection
- Insulation (Hot and Cold)
- Drainage (Guttering) – Water Storage and Irrigation
- Energy Generation - Solar roofs
Newer systems include solar shingles which generate electricity as well as cover the roof. There are also solar systems available that generate hot water or hot air and which can also act as a roof covering. More complex systems may carry out all of these functions: generate electricity, recover thermal energy, and also act as a roof covering.
Solar systems can be integrated with roofs by:
- integration in the covering of pitched roofs, e.g. solar shingles.
- mounting on an existing roof, e.g. solar panel on a tile roof.
- integration in a flat roof membrane using heat welding, e.g. PVC.
- mounting on a flat roof with a construction and additional weight to prevent uplift from wind.
Falls from heights are a major cause of death and injury in Australian workplaces. On average, around 26 workers fall to their deaths each year and nearly 8,000 others are injured. - Government body Safe Work Australia - ABC Report - 10/04/2014
Working on roofs and ladders is hazardous high risk work and can lead to serious injury if the proper care is not taken. Use Capital Tradies Roofing professionals to take the risk out of doing it yourself.